History of the Dallas Geological Society
The Fort Worth-Dallas Section [ancestor of our Dallas Geological Society] was one of six sections of the Southwestern Geological Society organized in Dallas in 1919 by Robert T. Hill, et al.
The Fort Worth-Dallas Section soon split up into the Fort Worth Section and the Dallas Section. DGS was known as the Dallas Section until 1924, when Southwestern Geological Society was disbanded and we then became Dallas Petroleum Geologists, affiliated with the American Association of Petroleum Geologists.
In 1945 we changed our name to Dallas Geological Society to conform to the nomenclature of societies throughout the world that were affiliated with AAPG.